Southern Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Southern Duel Academy :: Guide To Using Hamachi and Hosting With It

Go down

Southern Duel Academy :: Guide To Using Hamachi and Hosting With It Empty Southern Duel Academy :: Guide To Using Hamachi and Hosting With It

Post by Maximillion Pegasus Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:02 am

Some people have trouble with things such as hosting rooms on KCVDS or other things such as YVD. I will be posting up how to use Hamachi and how things are arranged.

How to download and questions

What is Hamachi?

Hamachi, an easy download from a click of a button, allows you to host rooms on dueling systems if that dueling system has a connection to Hamachi. Not only that, Hamachi will also allow you to privately chat with another user. Also, allows the academy to make available Hamachi Networks for people to duel on or for the Staff (Who have hamachi) to easily speak or talk with that member.

How much disk space does it require, and does it have viruses?

This software does not contain much bytes, maybe only 60 or up to 100 KB, and it should not consist of an harmful Spyware, Adware, or anything that can threat to kill your computers balancing system. Therefore, I use it most of the time to chat with Administrators/Moderators or CQNs.

Do I have to buy it? How much does it cost?

No, you do not have to buy it. Using THE BASIC VERSION is completely free, and it does not take the money out of your wallets (Or piggy banks o_0). For Premium Users, their are certain features that they can use that Basic Version Users cannot use. One thing I know is that Premium Users can talk on Network Chats and Basic Users can only talk Privately and not to network chats.

Hamachi Company wrote: • Cost Effective Basic version is free to use. Premium begins at $4.95/month.

That should answer your question about Premium Users.

Cool! Now that I know it is free and is virus free, where can I download this software from?

To download Hamachi go here

Hamachi Company wrote:Hamachi is currently available for Windows 2000, XP, 2003, and Vista. Console versions of Hamachi are also available for Linux and OS X.

So remember, if you use some different PC then the others in this quote and you have found out that you cannot download Hamachi, this might be 1 reason why. Other reasons for not being able to download hamachi can be various.

Now it should take up to at least 1 Min for a 56 KB Modem. It shouldn't even take 30 or 40 Sec for a DSL Modem or higher capability.

Using Hamachi

Using Hamachi is quite simple and very easy to catch on too...

*Screenshot*

Southern Duel Academy :: Guide To Using Hamachi and Hosting With It 6.hamachi-new-net

Questions

How do I change my Name ETC.?

You can change your name and "PREFERENCES" by clicking on that Gear on the bottom left of your hamachi screen. This is where you can change how everyone can see you on their Hamachi's.

Nice! What is this about joining other networks and chatting privately?

This is what most people have trouble with >.>. Not really hard, you can left click on a person or a chatrooms Network and hit "CHAT". After that, you can talk to that person or people on that Network.

NOTE :: Only Premium Users can talk to the whole network with other Premium Users.

You can see when the person is typing or not. If your hamachi is down or isn't on the screen yet, you can also see a bubble come up from your hamachi beside your PC's Time in the lower right hand corner.

Wait!! I cannot log out!!!?

You should be able to Log out by clicking the apple in the lower right hand corner of the Gray Rectangle. Clicking the "X" will still log you out. Same way goes with Logging in, if you are not logged in hit the apple.

How do I make it go down so I cannot see it and still get messages?

In your top right hand corner of your brownish grayish screen, you can see some kind of arrow. You should be able just to click on that and still get messages. This will just lower it and not log you off.

Making & Joining Networks and hosting on KCVDS with hamachi

How do I join a network?

Beside your gear, you can see something that shows 3 Connecting Dots. As shown in the screenshot, and you can just click that. After that, hit "Join An Existing Network" then type in the EXACT Hamachi Net and Hamachi Pass someone gave you. Some things may keep you from joining such as :: User has to many people in that network, ask them to make a new net or remove 1 user, that person gave you the wrong network or pass.

How do I make a network?

Same thing is applied here, you can hit the 3 connected dots and instead of hitting Join just click "Make a New Network". And then simply type in a network room and pass. Remember, you cannot use one that is already made.

How do I host on KCVDS with Hamachi

In your KCVDS when you make a room, it will ask you for you to type in your IP Address and choose from Hamachi or IP Host. Choose Hamachi, and at the top of your hamachi screen there should be numbers and dots. Type that EXACT hamachi in that IP Address that KCVDS is asking for. So for example, the screenshot user would type in.... 5.46.117.20... for their KCVDS Hamachi IP Address...

I hosted from Hamachi and I STILL COULDN'T CONNECT!!

This means that you cannot host on IP or Hamachi, and you will have to try to port forward. But I am exhausted from typing this already! So I will not put the port forwarding link now. Maybe later....

Now, you should be able to use Hamachi and maybe even host!!! I hope this helps most of the users here and hope it makes them at least host some duels......now then.......want to Hamachi Duel?

~Maximillion Pegasus
Maximillion Pegasus
Maximillion Pegasus
Μάτια Admin χιλιετίας

Number of posts : 131
SDA Credits : 1,000,125
~Current Deck(s)~ : Gladiator Beast, Toon Deck
~Duelist Level~ : Master Duelist
Registration date : 2008-07-16

http://www.southernduelacademy.tk

Back to top Go down

Southern Duel Academy :: Guide To Using Hamachi and Hosting With It Empty Re: Southern Duel Academy :: Guide To Using Hamachi and Hosting With It

Post by Maximillion Pegasus Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:40 am

Also, I will be posting the Academies Hamachi Room.

Hamachi Network :: Southern D. A.
Hamachi Pass :: duel

I am in this Network also, so if you need to talk to me or any other members and you see me in there, feel free to speak to me.

~Maximillion
Maximillion Pegasus
Maximillion Pegasus
Μάτια Admin χιλιετίας

Back to top Go down

Southern Duel Academy :: Guide To Using Hamachi and Hosting With It Empty Re: Southern Duel Academy :: Guide To Using Hamachi and Hosting With It

Post by Maximillion Pegasus Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:29 pm

New academy network has been set up, and I will be able to add in the Administrators/Moderators of SDA.

Hamachi Network :: Southern Duel Academy 1
Hamachi Network :: sda

All SDA announcements for tournaments and etc will be diplayed on this network. Join up asap.

~Maximillion
Maximillion Pegasus
Maximillion Pegasus
Μάτια Admin χιλιετίας

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down